Inspire, engage, encourage, and empower IEEE women worldwide.
A vibrant community of IEEE women and men innovating the world of tomorrow.
IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is dedicated to important issues for Women Engineers
- Recognizes women’s outstanding achievements in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations.
- Organizes receptions at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in WIE.
- Advocates women in leadership roles in IEEE governance and career advancement for women in the profession.
- Provides assistance with the formation of new WIE Affinity Groupsand supports ongoing activities.
- Promotes IEEE Member Grade advancement for women to the grades of Senior Member and Fellow.
- Facilitates the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into and retention of women in engineering programs.
- Administers the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior and high schools.
- The IEEE Women in Engineering Committee (WIEC) is governed by IEEE Bylaw I-305.19.
Eng. Balqees Al Daghar
Dr. Sameera Al Mulla
Eng. Soha Jawabreh
- Apr 21, 2018: Disable to Possible : Understanding Special Needs through Technology by Dr. Ramalatha Marimuthu
- Oct 29, 2009: Women in Engineering – You Can Do It!
- Mar 10, 2009: UAEU WIE Organizes a Workshop in Microcontrollers
- Mar 9, 2009: UAEU WIE Visits a High School
- Feb 25, 2009: UAEU WIE Visits Tawam Hospital