Welcome To IEEE Young Professionals Homepage -UAE
About Young Professionals Affinity Group-IEEE UAE Section
IEEE Young Professionals is an international community of enthusiastic, dynamic, and innovative members and volunteers. IEEE is committed to helping young professionals evaluate their career goals, polish their professional image, and create the building blocks of a lifelong and diverse professional network. As part of this commitment, IEEE UAE Young Professionals Affinity Group works to localize the efforts to better serve professionals within United Arab Emirates. The UAE-YP group role is to generate awareness of and to promote IEEE YP programs in the section for the identification and development of IEEE volunteer leaders and members. It is an active promoter, resource and liaison for braches and other affinity groups to the Section executive committee and other YP regional/global committees. One of the main duties of the group is to ensure continuing the link with student members once they graduate and keep professionals attached to IEEE activities and benefits. Further details about the YP activities in Region 8 can be obtained from the Region 8 YP Website or more information about the YP in general can be found on IEEE YP Website.
2015 UAE- Young Professionals Affinity Group-Road Map:
The IEEE UAE-Young Professionals 2015 strategy and road map is illustrated as per the graph below.
The YP Affinity Group activities will be based on three pillars. For each pillar, a set of events/actions will be carried out as per our 2015 plan.
- Organize Made in UAE competition to be held during the IEEE student day 2015.
- Two lecturer seminars each year for newly graduates in universities to talk about the first steps in their careers [STEP Event].
- Establish stronger champion from industry to serve as a long life sponsorship to IEEE/YP.
- Organize 1 workshop in management and leadership for young engineers in coordination with TISP program.
- Bi-Monthly meeting of the committee to discuss the strategy and put the plans
The above is parallel to our ongoing collaboration with other AG/Chapters within IEEE UAE section in achieving the UAE Section strategic goals and objectives. UAE YP is welcoming any ideas or suggestions away from the strategic goal
Benefits of Membership Includes:
- IEEE technology and information
- Online research & career resources
- Online job search
- Online seminars
- Professional networking opportunities
- Peer connection
- Local social activities
- Leadership opportunities
UAE Young Professional executive committee Members:
Mohammed Ayoub –Chair
Namith Najeeb –Vice Chair
Anwar Sabri –Secretary
Sahar Sultan -STEP Coordinator: Sahar Sultan
Sohaib Ali Khan – Industry Relations Coordinator
Rayis CKM – Volunteers Coordinator