Inspire, engage, encourage, and empower IEEE women worldwide.
A vibrant community of IEEE women and men innovating the world of tomorrow.
IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is dedicated to important issues for Women Engineers
- Recognizes women’s outstanding achievements in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations.
- Organizes receptions at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in WIE.
- Advocates women in leadership roles in IEEE governance and career advancement for women in the profession.
- Provides assistance with the formation of new WIE Affinity Groups and supports ongoing activities.
- Promotes IEEE Member Grade advancement for women to the grades of Senior Member and Fellow.
- Facilitates the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into and retention of women in engineering programs.
- Administers the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior and high schools.
The Women in Engineering Committee (WIEC) includes the IEEE Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) Board, reporting through the MGA Member Engagement and Life Cycle Committee (MELCC), as defined in the IEEE MGA Operations Manual. The structure of the committee, and its responsibilities, may be found in the MGA Operations Manual Section 4.20, as follows.
Eng. Balqees Al Daghar
Dr. Sameera Al Mulla
Eng. Muna Darweesh
- Apr 21, 2018: Disable to Possible : Understanding Special Needs through Technology by Dr. Ramalatha Marimuthu
- Oct 13, 2016: IEEE Women in Engineering Leadership Summit: “Beyond Boundaries”, a focus on Inspiration, Leadership, Empowerment and Innovation took place at American University in Dubai
- Oct 29, 2009: Women in Engineering – You Can Do It!
- Mar 10, 2009: UAEU WIE Organizes a Workshop in Microcontrollers
- Mar 9, 2009: UAEU WIE Visits a High School
- Feb 25, 2009: UAEU WIE Visits Tawam Hospital