Dears, do you think the IEEE is a purely technical society limited to the elderly university professors and PhD researchers? The opposite is “True!”. IEEE is a dynamic entity that develops a total balanced professional life and enhances the non-technical perspectives of engineering such as professionalism, personal development, community involvement, etc. We, the IEEE Young Professionals Affinity Group, are a part of this professional organization serving all IEEE members.
IEEE Young Professionals is an international community of enthusiastic, dynamic, and innovative members and volunteers. IEEE is committed to helping young professionals evaluate their career goals, polish their professional image, and create the building blocks of a lifelong and diverse professional network. As a part of this commitment, the IEEE UAE Young Professionals Affinity Group works to localize the efforts to better serve professionals within the United Arab Emirates. The UAE-YP group role is to generate awareness and to promote the IEEE YP programs in the section for the identification and development of IEEE volunteer leaders and members. It is an active promoter, resource and liaison for branches and other affinity groups to the Section Executive Committee and other YP regional/global committees. One of the main duties of the group is to ensure continuing the link with student members once they graduate and keep the professionals attached to IEEE activities and benefits. Further details about the YP activities in Region 8 can be obtained from the Region 8 YP Website or more information about the YP in general can be found on IEEE YP Website.
To inspire, guide and provide the young professionals with opportunities and skills for success.
To enrich and exploit the young professionals’ potentials to effectively contribute in supporting the UAE strategic plans.
Our Road Map for the year 2019
The IEEE UAE – Young Professionals 2019 strategy and road map is illustrated in this section. The YP Affinity Group activities will be based on three pillars. For each pillar, a set of events/actions will be carried out as per our 2019 plan.
- Arranging four lecturer seminars for newly graduates at universities to talk about the first steps in their careers.
- Organizing one competition to be held during the IEEE student day 2019.
- Organizing a successful Student Transition and Elevation Partnership Program (STEP).
- Organizing two workshops on management and leadership for young engineers in coordination with TISP program.
- Arranging a committee bi-monthly meeting to discuss the YP strategy and set the plans.
Benefits of Membership
- IEEE technology and information
- Online research & career resources
- Online job search
- Online seminars
- Professional networking opportunities
- Peer connection
- Local social activities
- Leadership opportunities
UAE Young Professional executive committee Members
Eng. Saeed Al Mansoori
Head of the Applications Development and Analysis Section
Mohammed Bin Rashid Space Centre (MBRSC)
Vice – Chair
Eng. Mohammad Baker
Juma Al Majid Group
Eng. Muna Darweesh
College of Engineering and IT, University of Dubai
- Nov. 9th, 2018: YP meeting with IEEE MadC Global Committee.
- Oct. 2nd, 2018: Seminar on “Make your failure a springboard for your success”.